Sunday, November 27, 2005

Things that happened to me yesterday:
  • saw a mouse in my room
  • witnessed a road accident
  • got pissed off at STAESA for ruining my evening
  • was assertive twice in the space of an hour (yes - me -really)
  • had a woman come up to me, rub my stomach and ask me how the baby was doing
  • got trapped in conversation with some guy who thought he had a right to be my best friend just cos he had an MBA from America... reminded me of those MBA people who were randomly in Queen's bar one time... maybe one of the requirements is to pass an exam in being a git
  • convinced STAESA I needed my deposit back and persuaded them to book me a hotel in Accra for next week and come to the airport in the middle of the night, hence no longer pissed off with them
  • found a restaurant serving bacon sandwiches to rival Harvey's
  • ate ice cream in the same restaurant
  • felt much happier, once devoid of extraneous wildlife, pissed-off-ness and phantom pregnancy
  • had catastrophic nose-bleed and had to go home

I need to name the lizards that sleep on the outside of my mosquito screen. One is named Larry in homage to the one in our bathroom in Kenya. Any suggestions for the other?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Crazy, we've had a mouse problem in our house and we called him Larry. Not in deference to your Kenyan one though. Weird!

Is it a boy lizard or a girl lizard?

How about an homage to a wonderful Disney film... :P