Monday, June 22, 2009

Vagrancy, with added hummus

'Replace Wokingham with London as my weather home page.'

Oh, BBC, you have no idea how happy you made me.

I have, not as spontaneously as it appears, actually done what I've been threatening to do since late 2007 and buggered off to London. Been staying with Livvy and Sarah for a week, which has been a) great fun and b) really useful, because the enormous sense of obligation I feel has forced me to do things like wash up after myself and the fact that I'm sleeping in their sitting room has forced me to get out of bed, neither of which I was doing particularly efficiently or with any regularity in Wokingham. Am now hoping the people at one of the flats I looked at over the weekend will allow me to rent a room for a month while I find somewhere long-term. One of them has a piano and one of them would essentially involve living in L'auberge espagnole, which would be equally exciting and I can't choose.

I've drunk lots of coffee, which feels very urban, and eaten mainly hummus and olives. I shall go and buy some vegetables this afternoon, because hummus and olives, while delicious, do not constitute a particularly balanced diet. I'm forcing myself to take buses so I can learn my way around better than if I'm on the tube, seeing lots of my friends and generally starting to feel like a Whole Person again, which is a distinct improvement on the previous few weeks. Have many exciting plans for the immediate future, including (but not limited to) a yoga and massage weekend in Wiltshire and henna-ing my hair. (Hair also needs cutting. Gaah.)

No comments: